Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Poem

And in the mornings, i
would look into the mirrors
and look at my crooked nose, and say "he doesn't love you".

And the mirror would smile wanly and
i'd step into the shower and look down
to my toes, over the slow hill of my stomach and
i did not cry, just rubbed soap over all
the parts that hurt, and say "he doesn't love you"

But i see you smile again, and you
remove every single bad thought.

And you make me laugh louder than i
knew was possible, you make me feel safe
in the places where i panic, you find adventure in
the simplest things and you make my life
seem so incredibly happy so i go to bed with
a dumb smile on my lips, wondering when i get
to see you again.

And in the mornings after the nightmare i wake
up alone and have to remind myself, "he won't ever love you. he just won't."

No comments:

Post a Comment